Sunday 1 April 2018

Counterfeit Kit Challenge April kit reveal blog hop

It's April 1st which means that it's a new month at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and Master Forger Tina has picked out a lovely kit for us this time around.

But first off, hopefully you've reached me via Tina's blog and next up is Lori here. You can find the full blog hop list at the end of this post but don't forget that you can always find all the details over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog here.


This month's Guest Designer is the delightful Annie who you can visit here. We are so happy to have her with us this month and I'm sure that April is going to be a fabulous month.


Tina picked out a pretty spring inspired kit by the Button Farm Club and it's full of such lovely pastel colours and spring themed items - flowers, butterflies, sunshine, showers and bicycles.

Here it is and you can find out more about the kit at the original link here.


I had a kit from Scrapabilly with these papers and die cuts when they originally came out that I really enjoyed using and I was looking forward to creating my own version of the kit. Then something happened and my kit ended up looking a little different!

So first of all, here's my kit, Rogue. After all, I really have gone rogue this time around!



Let me explain how this happened!

The raindrop/cloud paper caught my eye in the inspiration kit and I had a vague memory of some raindrop paper by BasicGrey - Kelly Purkey, Mon Amie - that I thought would be fun to use as a starting point. When I looked through my papers, these three jumped out at me - raindrops, clouds and bicycles which perfectly matched some of the designs in the original kit! And that was it. I decided that these three papers would form the basis of my kit.


I decided to include the remaining Mon Amie papers which also matched some of the patterns in the original kit - dots, stripes and cut apart sheets - and even if they weren't the same shade as the original -  reds, yellows, pinks, greens and blues were all there, I filled out the kit with some florals which gave a nod to the inspiration kit and two more plain papers which I just thought might come in useful!

So there you have it - a set of perfectly coordinated papers that were directly inspired by the chosen kit but which looked totally different!


Adding in the embellishments, I went with some of the same type of products - words, die cuts, pearl dots, doilies etc and then just added in some favourites to fill out the kit and add a whole lot of variety.


I had some BasicGrey die cuts from a couple of different collections and decided to just include them and see if I can use them. Several items seemed to be a good choice for some cards because I recently noticed that I have totally run out of them so it would be good to stock up a little.


I included several different BasicGrey alphabets and some tissue paper as well as a vellum sheet as my speciality papers.



I also picked out a few veneers that matched the motif from the original kit and then promptly forgot to include them in my kit photo - but here they are!


So, there you have it. My vintage filled kit just perfect for shower filled spring days or even some travel pages. It's all there in the inspiration kit but my take on it is totally different! Don't you love how that happens - that's what CKC is all about and I LOVE it!

Here's the full blog hop list in case you get lost long the way:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/


Thanks for dropping by and I hope you were inspired to make up your own kit. If you do, don't forget that we love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using our Link-Up Page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community or on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge and use the tag #counterfeitkitchallenge).

7 comments:

  1. Love how your kit turned out! I have to remember to add tissue paper to mine.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous Lisa and the colour scheme is interesting. It will be fun to use, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Rouge kit :) I like how you went about building your kit too a fun and different take on the original but totally see it within your kit :) Shows that inspiration can come from many different ways at looking at a kit :)
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did go rogue, but man it is a GORGEOUS kit! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe love how you went "Rogue", it's funny how sometimes what we end up isn't at all what we expected. Your kit looks fab though, full of fun stuff to play with :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mon Ami is one of my all-time favorites and I'm still hoarding the last bits and pieces of it! Sometimes inspiration takes us down a different path but I love what you put together and I can still see echoes of the inspiration kit in the blue tones, themes and circular pieces in your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have gone rogue, but I am not one little bit surprised that it would be Basic Grey that would pull you down a path of your own. I could use a bit of inspiration on using up some of those BG papers in my stash too, so scrap on!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...