Wednesday 1 November 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge November kit reveal blog hop

Welcome to November which just happens to be my favourite month of the year! A little controversial I know, but there you have it.

I hope you're here for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge November kit revel which is the last full regular kit of the year because we always shake things up in December to give us all time to enjoy the season.

Hopefully you've reached me from Lynette who is a busy bee but will no doubt delight you with her kit this month. Don't forget to drop by our Guest Designer Anne's blog and say hello. I was so keen to ask Anne to join us and I'm delighted that she agreed. You will love her style.

And you can find the full blog hop at the end of the post in case you get lost along the way. It's a bit bigger than it has been recently as we all wanted to jump on the big kit option! I'll be back on the blog with my mini-kit too on the 6th so I really hope you'll keep on coming back.

I got the chance to pick out November's kit and had an idea of what I wanted to find - something bright and colourful but still autumnal. Something with a nod to the festive time to come but also one that could be used for non seasonal layouts or projects. I think I found all this in the November 2016 Citrus Twist kit, "Emerson".





These photos are of the main kit but there are several other kits and add-ons available too if this doesn't quite rock your boat.

Here's my November kit, Celebrate.


When I looked the Citrus Twist kit, I realised that I had the copper Thicker words by Shimelle and decided to see what other Shimelle products I had which could match/complement the original kit in some way.


The chevron pattern came first, followed by the blue design, the woodgrain and the spots on a dark background. I followed that with the yellow design by Pink Paislee and then a sheet of Crate that reminded me of the colours in the original. I struggled to find a floral to include and decided to leave that out for the moment because I knew I would be including more embellishments.


I've fished out some brush font Thicker alphas as well as some smaller gold letter stickers which reminded me of the word stickers in Emerson.


Instead of the puffy dots, I've put the wooden Go Now Go buttons which I thought mirrored the circular aspect and would go with the Shimelle papers. And I've included a handful of veneers which have designs on them like the Citrus Twist embellishments as well as some leaves as a tribute to autumn. There are also some washi tapes which reminded me of the arrow design tape and a few cork elements.



I've dropped in several sheets of stickers and labels to give some colour and theme variety and a pack of gold feathers which I love. I like the idea of including die-cuts and picked out my started pack of Paige Evans Take me Away shapes which don't necessarily match the original closely, but will give some variety in the patterns, colours and themes.


I know this mix of products seems a bit random, but I really think I can mix these things up for some interesting creations!

And I can see the original inspiration kit in there - can you? What do you think?
Not able to make a full kit this month? No worries! Check back here on 6th November for some mini kit inspiration. You'll also want to mark your calendar for Forgeries on the Fourth (4th November), Challenge #1 (12th November) and Challenge #2 (18th November).

We love seeing your work, so be sure to share your kits and projects with us. You can do this by using the Link-Up page here on the blog, posting in the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Facebook Community Group or on Instagram (find us @counterfeitchallenge and share with #counterfeitchallenge )  

5 comments:

  1. Great kit, I especially love the little bits you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kit, Lisa! I think it surpasses the inspiration kit in that it works perfectly for autumn or spring subjects. I definitely love all those labels you added too! I think you're going to make some amazing pages with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit. Your wood veneer and cork pieces are so cute.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, a treat for the senses! I didn't realize that the words were copper - swoon... Great forgery of the cork elements!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...