Tuesday 23 August 2016

August at Simple Scrapper #1



My first layout for Simple Scrapper in August used an older sketch from the archive, and a Story Starter from the August "Exploration" topics. All of these resources are available for the members and they are such a wonderful starting point to any layout I want to make

I wanted to capture a little about heading up the Rhine to visit my husband where he's working at the moment, in the historical city of Worms (pronounced Vorms of course!). The sketch provided me with place for two photos and lots of space for journalling which was perfect to record my thoughts. 



It's a relatively small town which makes this already impressive cathedral all the more impressive! It really was quite breathtaking and walking in, you could almost feel those 1,000 years of history all around you.


I used my Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit, Scooped, choosing the softer colours and b-sides to give this layout a completely different look to the overall feel of the kit.


I expanded the title so that it was obvious I was talking about the city - the problems of living a dual-language life.



To find out more about the many resources and inspiration - including the sketches and story starters I use each month - available to inspire you to create beautiful pages and tell meaningful stories in a supportive, communicative community environment, check out the Simple Scrapper premium membership here.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! The cork and gold glitter are nice counterpoints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful page.

    Reminds me of the time I made the page about the "butt" and my brother, who lives in the States, pointed out that nobody there would think I was talking about a garden water receptacle..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how sparkly this looks, but not because of the glitter but the burst of tiny stars! Your page feels so light & fresh & bubbly.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...