Saturday 28 May 2016

Bad blogger - May shares at Scrapabilly #1

Better late than never.

Seriously though, I'm late sharing May's Scrapabilly Kit des Monat shares but I really wanted to squeeze it in before the end of the month. Sorry for the delay.

May's Kit des Monats features papers and elements from the Kaisercraft "Sea Breeze" collection in gorgeous green and blue tones with a little brown thrown in for good measure. It was difficult for me to know which side of the papers to use as I loved them all. However, the swirly circle print (far right below) was by far my favourite.



I added in a little extra of the dark green twine so that I could make this hand-stitched grid. I've done this design several times before and every time I do, I curse how long the stitching takes but then at the end, I love the result and the time is forgotten!



I used a Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist to colour the bird cage and add some splotches across the layout.



Yet another "stolen" Instagram photo of my adorable niece. I couldn't believe how the colour tone of the photo matched the papers exactly.


The large floral print paper cried out for fussy cutting so fussy cut I did. I had already printed out the photo of the cover of the Simple Scrapper membership magazine featuring my layout and again, lucked out that the colours matched the papers so perfectly. These papers and patterns seemed to encourage a much simpler style than I might usually use and there's such a lot of white space (literally and figuratively.)




This layout was so self-explanatory that I felt it didn't need any journalling the than this small label. I don't do that often but I really couldn't think of anything else that needed to be said. The fact that I scrapped it should indicate to the viewer that this is something I'm proud of!


Dimension and layers were created using a mix of foam dots in different heights to raise the edges of different parts of the floral background as well as the photo itself.


You can find the full Design Team work over at the Scrapabilly gallery here - make sure you check out all three teams because there's a lot of gorgeous stuff out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...