Thursday 26 May 2016

Bad blogger - April shares at Scrapabilly!

Hanging my head in shame, I'd like to share my layouts that I made with the April Scrapabilly Kit des Monats which featured the gorgeous Dear Lizzy "Happy 'Place" collection.



I made four layouts using the summery themed papers.

Very old photos but which tell such a great story about time at school and a typical British seaside day out!



These wooden letters just asked to be spritzed different colours. Love how they turned out.





I really like picking out different colour combinations from a set of papers and the greens in the kit were the perfect soft contrast to this bright photo. I actually started this layout with the quote and built the rest around it.



I'd really wanted to make some stitching somewhere and this simple little detail makes me happy.





The pretty colours and whimsical patterns made me think of summer and spring time photos but as I don't really "do" summer holidays, I needed to find other subjects. My happy daffodils on the window sill in my scrap room gave me the inspiration for this story about my sudden allergy and a creative solution.





Inked letters again - a great way to match them up to the layout.


My last layout was prompted by the yellow-green hue of this photo that I'd printed out in 5x7 a long time ago and had been waiting for the right time to scrap it. I had used up a lot of the papers so a banner using the scraps seemed like a great idea. You know how much I love banners.


The punch for this border and the larger than life confetti I was delighted to find in the off-cuts was a hand-me-down from my sister which I appear to have broken :-( I love it though so I'll be looking to replace it as soon as I can find it.





So, there you have it. Four bright, happy layouts using this gorgeous kit. I hope you can forgive my tardiness :-(

You can find the full Design Team work over at the Scrapabilly gallery here - make sure you check out all three teams because there's a lot of gorgeous stuff out there.

1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful set of pages Lisa! I was really struck this time by all the little details - the pretty sequins on the first page, the thread-wrapped stickpins on the second and third, and that one banner piece wrapped with thread on the last. You have a wonderful talent for adding just the perfect finishing touch to make your pages complete. (And I think I'll be borrowing that quote from your second layout!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...