Wednesday 21 October 2015

Scrapabilly October kit shares (part 1)

I know, I know! You're shocked at the sudden activity on the blog. But a busy month means that I'm late sharing the Scrapabilly makes and I want to fit that in before the Counterfeit Kit Challenge member blog hop on Saturday.

The October Scrapabilly kit features Echo Park "The Story of Our Family" collection papers and embellishments. Here it is for you to get a feel for the scrummy mix of patterns and colours.


A full 12 sheets of paper from the collection are supported by matching die cuts, an alpha sticker sheet and some brads while the tags, veneer shapes and matching cardstock fill this kit out and make it feel very large indeed. I have to confess though that I also added in the chipboard shapes (here) and the matching enamels (here). You know that I can't resist the enamels and I particularly liked some of the chipboard elements and immediately knew what I would do with a few of them.



It's a great autumnal kit without being all about the leaves and nature, and with the bright reds, navy and teal added to the yellows, oranges and browns, the colour scheme makes this kit really adaptable. I really liked that the double sided papers gave me a lot of variety and the cut apart sheets proved useful so that I could really pick and choose what designs and papers I wanted to use and avoid the more cutesy motives that aren't really my style. I did find the owls particularly cute, though!

The theme of family and home activities is perfect for this time of year and I chose to go down the mostly family route with one layout that I love in particular featuring my niece and the last real dress I ever sewed - 11 years ago now. It took me hours and hours but I'm still pretty proud of the Christening Gown I made for Maddie. You can't quite see the detail in that small photo, but there's even a smattering of beading across the lace and bodice. I can't quite believe I did that now!

I added these brown Thickers letters in for this title from a previous kit and a little mist

The stitching was an after thought to be honest, adding this little line and that along the bottom after I sent the photos through to Scrapabilly. I can't believe I didn't think about stitching before. It makes perfect sense but you know how it is, sometimes you see the layouts in a new light - literally - after a night's sleep.



This little die cut frame was the perfect size for the sewing machine from the cut apart 3x4 card. One of my favourite techniques. And this means that it fulfils the Whimsical Musings prompt, WM#187 to use frames on your layout - purely coincidentally :-)



The background paper here was far too pretty to cut up so I used it in full, taking only a sliver off to back it up with cardstock. The whole of this layout was based around the chipboard "Sisters" element and it's been a long time since I featured both of these beauties on a layout so it seemed like a perfect opportunity.

I tried to make this all about the pretty and picked out as many little flower elements as I could, layering them all up with papers and a 3x4 card to make a base for the single photo.



The main design of this 3x4 card didn't quite suit what I wanted to say here so I just covered up what I didn't need to allow the "together" to shine. With so many possible cards in this kit, I wasn't afraid to cut the up or use them in an altered state. Especially useful as mats or embellishment bases. One day I might even use these cards for a pocket page album - I have plans!


Some mist was the only thing I added in for this layout. Didn't seem finished without it.


The Scrapabilly gallery showcases all the creations from the whole team so don't forget to check it out here and grab your own October kit here.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how it is. I do it too..wake up the next morning and think about something else I want to add (or even take away). It can be very frustrating if inspiration strikes after the photos have been sent in. It's a beautiful page, either way

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...