Tuesday 19 May 2015

Scrapabilly May kit shares (part 1)

Back again for another month of Scrapabilly kit shares.

The Scrapabilly May kit features the pretty, summery Jillibean Soup Summer Red Raspberry Soup with lovely fresh colours and lots of cute designs - fruity and delicious!


Seven of the collection papers including cut apart sheets, Jillibean Soup mini-alpha, label stickers and  die-cuts, washi tape, a set of Thickers, a Scrpabilly exclusive flair, cardstock and Simple Stories Colour Light Vibe papers all combine to make a really super kit that was perfect for scrapping warm days, happy colours, cute girls and random art.

Several of the papers were so gorgeous on both the a-side and b-side that it was really difficult to make a choice of which one to use. The green paper below was one of those - pretty doilies on the a-side and then this gorgeous green geometric on the b-side. The green won out although I did manage to salvage many partial doilies from the piece I cut off.

When I first looked into the kit, I just saw those happy colours and that reminded me of colouring as a child which in turn reminded me of these photos. I need to remember to play with colour more - this layout is a reminder for me.






The doilies I fussy-cut from the green paper off-cuts were used as trimmings for this little cutie. The butterflies and doilies from the die-cut pack, mixed in with those I cut from the papers seemed the perfect decoration for my little ballerina niece.






Last share for today is the random art I was talking about at the beginning of the post. I took inspiration for this design from Pinterest - nothing in particular, just the look of several pages I've admired recently. And the gentle, fresh coloured papers seemed the perfect ruse for this enormous, impressive statue that I used to admire every week at one of the companies I worked for. I think it must be two or three meters long. I loved that rhino and got several sneaky photos of it while I worked there. Happy to have this memory captured. The blocky design seems to match the solid form of its body.








I'll be back again later this week with the last two layouts from the kit but in the meantime, why not go over to the Scrapabilly gallery to check out the Design Team creations.

2 comments:

  1. Fab pages, I like the second one the best - reminds me of your earlier style of scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts - I love all the gorgeous color on the first one and the one you offset that starburst pattern paper on the larger mat. The second one is so sweet and feminine and I like all the subtle distressing on the third one - that's a big rhino!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...