Tuesday 12 May 2015

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Back to School

Over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog this month, we have the theme "Everything old is new again" and this includes going back to the past and re-mixing those older challenges to make them right up-to-date!

Challenge #2 is up and it's all about "Back to School" which was the very first prompt to help us use our kits. Check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog for the details of the challenge this time around and the link to the original post. Go on! This is fun! There are links to some TwoPeas videos over in that original post. Don't forget that all (or at least a lot) of old TwoPeas videos can be found on their YouTube stream as mentioned in one of our posts on InterNational Scrapbook Day!

I decided to use the title of the challenge as my starting point and combined it with a rather abstract photo and sub-title. I will be writing some personal journalling about what I mean by all of that (pressing that elusive reset button!) on the little yellow journalling card tucked into the right hand corner.

Looking at the layout now, I think it needs a second subtitle after the main "Back to School" - something relating to how I need to re-learn lessons from the past for my/our future together.

See? I warned you my layout was a little abstract regarding the prompt! But it works for me and pulls everything together.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge May kit, Rejuvenate layout #1

I used a sketch from Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook class over at Studio Calico and really enjoyed following it rather literally. The little selection of items in the corner is in place of page corners.



This little yellow card is where I'll write my thoughts. The gold thread shows me that there is something to pull out.


I used my May kit, Rejuvenate and loved picking out the pinks and golds with that flash of aqua. These colours just make me happy!

6 comments:

  1. Nice save (wink-wink).
    Scrumptious stack of paper! I'm late to the party with gold but loving what you've done with it here - so rich with the bold pinks.
    I think I understand your abstraction with the prompt - may have to give this a think personally...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. Lisa and Kp. Two of my favorites and it shows. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bokeh paper is so dreamy and is a lovely match to the photo. I also like the layers and the gold thread on the journaling card. A beautiful and thoughtful take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely page Lisa, and I would love another little subtitle as well, maybe just because it would be another peek into what you are blue sky thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue sky photo is so striking against the pink papers and then off set by the aqua tiny alpahas...a match made in heaven! Always a delight!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...