Tuesday 1 July 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit reveal blog hop

Welcome to July and to a month full of changes round here. I'm curious to see what comes my way but in the meantime, I'd like to share my Counterfeit Kit Challenge July kit with you!

If you've arrived here via Lesley (here), who no doubt had an amazing kit to share with you, you're on the right lines. But if you're here directly, why not pop back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog (here) to make sure you don't miss out on any of the fun.

Our Guest Designer this month is Jane - make sure you go say hi to her here - and we are over the moon to have Susanne back in the team - happy dance in this part of the blogosphere for sure!

We were given a gorgeous kit this month for our inspiration in the form of Noel Mignon's Balboa Kit.

Look at this incredible selection of goodies...


I was really inspired by the items in the kit and ended up making up two kits if you can believe it. I didn't have any of the original items so I started by jotting down some of the elements and colours you can see in the kit - lots of aqua, pinks, orange and brights then spots, diagonal stripes, chevrons, raindrops, hexagons and speech bubbles. I can see frames, labels, clips, veneer, die cuts, thickers as well as mini alphas, enamels, tape and pins. Looked like exactly my kind of kit.

When I started creating my version, I found that BasicGrey Fresh Cut and plenty of papers from Echo Park had similar patterns and tones, helping my Sunshine kit come together really easily. Oh yes, it's huge (as always) but I really liked how the colours and designs reminded me of the original Balboa.

Still fighting with lack of computer so sorry for the low-tech photo presentation!

I couldn't resist adding in the gold hexagon vellum that is really new but beyond gorgeous!

I have lots of the Fresh Cut collection in here with the sticker, the alphas and the die-cuts

You know how I love my frames at the moment and decided to challenge myself to use up some flowers which hardly feature on any layout at the moment




However, when I looked at the finished selection, I noticed that it was full of relatively new items and it's always my aim to get older, forgotten stash into my kits too.

So I decided to have another go and see if I could come up with a similar kit using some of these neglected pieces. Relax is full of somewhat older, "vintage" items.



I tried to match up all those types of colours and designs I'd used in the first kit as well as the embellishments item by item.

Die cuts, pins, veneer, speech bubbles and words

Can I really find a way to use up rub-ons? I'm always terrible at getting them onto my project correctly. We'll see

Such an ecclectic mix of products here



Now, two kits may seem like a lot - especially when I've still got my June kit unfinished on the shelf but I love the variety this offers me and have already made a layout from each one. And of course, the next LOAD only 3 months away when these kits really come into their own. It's never a problem to have a few lying around ;-)

Off you go now to check out Leslie's blue box full of goodies and if you get lost along the way, you can find the full blog hop list over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog (here)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll leave a message for me to let me know you were here and have a guess at which of my two kits will get more use in the weeks to come!

19 comments:

  1. I can believe you made two kits because I have bought from Noel in the past and the kits are so packed and so full of lovely things that a second try to cram in more seems about right to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. two fabulously beautiful kits there, have fun playing with those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TWO!!!! You're just showing off now!!
    Fabulous as always with so many fun bits to play with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, you must be planning on scrapping a zillion pages. Gorgeous kits; some of the papers and the flair have me drooling. Scrap on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a Master at killing kits so I have no doubt that you will polish off these lovelies. You are so diligent about sticking with them even in the months ahead. And the layouts they yield are always stunning. I spy a felt polaroid frame from Pam, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful kits! You have a lot of beautiful goodies to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my!!! I so get that you'd want to make up two kits! There has been times when I was SOOOO close to actually doing that! You are expert at choosing what goes into your kits...they look perfect!! I'm coming to your house for a scrapping session with your kits!!! (just joking- but what fun!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool to see someone doing 2 kits :) Both are so scrumptious:) Great idea! I think I may just follow your lead and do a vacation kit to for a class I'm taking besides the regular kit. Wonderious idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to "LOAD" up your kit, hehe! As always, even your old stash is beauteous :~)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes please, I'll have the first kit please :D
    Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, 2 kits! And what stunning kits they are. I'd find it so hard to pick a favourite one. I can't wait to see what you do with them

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh please ... TWO kits LOL!!!! They are lovely though - and well done for pulling out some older stash to use. Love the flair and the hexagon vellum is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely kits, looking forward to seeing the different layouts with them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa, lovely kits. All two of them :)
    Been here, done that. Oh wait, it's not the 90's?!?! In other words, I'd vote you SHOULD be using up your Relax kit (thus the old lingo), but I'm guessing you will make more from your Sunshine kit. I saw it and thought it was perfectly " you". :) either way, enjoy! That reminds me, I have some pages I need to upload from June. As if I had forgotten your Flickr taunting. As if... ;) Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, two kits! You are the overachiever, Lisa! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both worthy rivals to the original - I have some of those papers (Basic Grey, I think) in my own stash :). These are going to be great for the summer ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous kit! Such Rich colors and fun embellies. I can't wait to see your projects! Thanks so much for sharing, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowee! That lot will keep you occupied for some time.I'm loving both kits.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both gorgeous kits will be fun to use.They're so colourful

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...