Friday 28 February 2014

Kill that (November) kit

As mentioned before, I started off February LOAD with 5 Counterfeit Kit Challenge kits on the shelf.

September's Passport, November's Comfort, January's Begin and 2 from February, Tender and Nostalgic. I have been reaching for these kits almost every day of the month and am happy to see some serious reductions.

January's is complete with 9 layouts and now November has also all been used up producing 6 layouts and a mini-book. Not as many layouts as usual because I think each was a bit more paper heavy than usual. I ended the month with quite a few embellishments left over but only a few scraps of paper. No doubt I could have managed a card or two to really finish it off, but who's got time for cards in the middle of LOAD? Not me :-)

Anyway, I'm here this morning to share two layouts using Comfort - in fact, the first layout I made with the kit but couldn't share right away - magazine layout - and the last before I broke it all up and tucked the scraps away.

This was made for The Scrapbook Magazine on the topic of resolutions. It seemed appropriate to record my OLW for 2014.





Lots of embellishments and bits and pieces to add dimension and fun to this, what I'd like to think is, happy layout. I loved this background paper and hope that I have another sheet left in the pack. Crate Paper's collection packs (unfortunately no longer available in new collections) duplicated some but not all the papers, so I'm hoping for a double on this one!

And I'm hoping to track down some more of these wonderful gold doilies - bought at a local stationary store in the Golden Wedding Anniversary section - as they are perfect on so many of my pages right now.

The second layout to share today is for LOAD214 #24 Myth: Each page you create should have a new design.

For this design, I scraplifted and took inspiration from two of my own layouts: New Year, New Me and On Our Way Down (both found over at Whimsical Musings)

I've blurred out my niece's face for this public forum but take it from me that she's grinning!

Another new fave little embellishment at the moment are these fine star outlines. I had used my Big Shot to cut out some stars for the mini-book I made from this kit and was left with a load of negative outlines. So I just cut around that with scissors to leave this narrow shape! Love them and they are perfect for layering and following through on the theme.

Totally loving these beautiful wooden/birch bark hearts that Lynette so kindly sent over for me



I really loved this kit and am, as ever, a little sad to have said goodbye to it. But there are still three kits on the shelf, along with the new Scrapabilly kit for me to start and a new Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit to go live on Saturday. It's not like I'm short of variety to use right now :-)

7 comments:

  1. You embellish just so well. I adore these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layouts and I just love the embellishing you did :) Fantastic one word too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts, love the star embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:47 pm

    Absolutely love the first one. So bright and sunny and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wooden hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am enjoying this sunny season of YOU! Great photos showing much joy :~)
    I can't wait to make some of those skinny stars & probably other shapes from my larger punches - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love this. i like the layers and of course the OLW. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...