Saturday 18 August 2012

Stitching on paper - inspired by quilting

Last weekend I posted about Clair's wonderful Stitching on Paper class in which I have the honour of being one of the GDs.

I had the chance this week to catch up with the first 5 lessons and they really are super. Interested in paper? Love stitching? Than you have to check this class out and say hi to Clair while you are there. There's even a super prize on offer.

In the meantime, today's lesson is being inspired by quilting and I also contributed to this lesson and it was so much fun. I decided to go back to my patchwork beginnings and made a page as a tribute to my Granny who taught me to patchwork nearly 40 years ago!

I chose an old-fashioned patchwork design and made it out of paper scraps. I stitching around each piece to give it some definition and didn't worry about how messy it was. I've never been a perfect hand-stitcher (all my patchwork is done by hand) so it matched the feel I was trying to create. I so love how this turned out and it really made me want to go back to my fabric patchwork again - who knows, I might just do that ;-)






And just to add a couple more examples of how to use this inspiration, here are a couple of projects I don't know if I've shared before.






Why not give it a try and then go over to Clair's site and link up - after checking out this week's class of course!

10 comments:

  1. Really lovely Lisa. I have scrolled up and down several times, going back for another look. Your paper patchwork pieces are perfect1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LO is so simple yet very very stunning. Must have a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your layouts Lisa! Your hand stitching is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab patchwork examples Lisa - love the use of parallelograms for cubes and the hexagons outlined with stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I really loved the example that you sent me for the class, because it includes the story behind the patchwork as well - and that's awesome.

    Your other layout and your super sweet card are also fantastic! I'm so glad that you joined me for the class and are enjoying the other prompts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same response when I begin to think of doing the quilting again :~)
    Had a wonderful group of women that were very supportive of my early efforts - I need to scrap that - thanks for the inspiration!
    This is a beautiful tribute page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greeting Lisa, my liebchen! You have just been awarded by me, here:
    http://sherriesmuddlepuddle.blogspot.ca/2012/08/a-first-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have taken scrapbooking to a new level...again! LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love this look on that card - adorable! But the layous are spectacular too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all so pretty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...