Saturday 28 April 2012

Loving the washi tape trend

Mini challenge #3 is up over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge and it's all about getting those über-trendy washi tapes out and being creative with them.

Washi tapes are quite new for me although I've had some of the TH tissue tapes for a year or so now and love using them. But the last time I was at my LSS I picked up three toning rolls and then added them into this month's kit, Blossom. I also picked up a bright red one from a local home deco store and added it in too. You might have spotted me sneaking them onto one or two of the layouts I've done recently and have really enjoyed the ease and look of them. This challenge had me thinking again.

I added in a piece of kraft cardstock because the tape picks up the background colour to some degree and didn't really think it would go with bright pink or yellow. I ended up deciding to actually decorate the cardstock with it but keep it really simple. I love the subtle effect and the rest of the design and colour scheme followed naturally.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge April it, Blossom, layout #4 





A cute but older photo of my two brothers and sister from just before I left the UK made me realise just how much they've grown up and become adults in the time since then. Sweet photo, sweet thoughts.

What will you be doing with your washi tape? Don't forget to link up over at the CKC site!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what an eye-catching graphically pleasing layout this is. You know I love your slant on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - really clever and exciting way to use the tapes - and one of my fave colour schemes ever.

    Loving the new blog header pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty. The colours are so calming and the layout is so original. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. me? Stacking them up and looking at them at the minute! This is so pretty though, it has inspired me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page! I love how you've used the washi tape simple and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with washi tape! Love what you did with it on your layout! Cool beans!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...