Monday 19 September 2011

Mail Art Exchange

Remember the gorgeous prize I won from Ginger's blog, The Spice of Life? With the wonderful stamps and mail art goodies?

Well, after receiving such delightful happy mail, I had to sign up for the Mail Art Exchange that she's organisied, didn't I?!?

This was definitely out of the box for me and I was really nervous to "do it right". But Ginger reassured me that everything would be ok and that I just need to create something that would be fun to receive through the letterbox.

Ginger set the theme of "Earth" for the exchange which could be interpreted in so many ways - colours, geography, green recycling etc - and I think I included a bit of each!

I am just posting a couple of sneak peeks here and fingers crossed that my mail reaches Texas in one piece!



I used each of the items in my prize - the stamps, the pen, the smiley face stamp and the envelopes. It was fun to work it all in and to work out when to stop!

Now I just have to get to the post office and send it on its way. The process was a lot of fun and I will definitely join in again.

What's the last new thing you tried out?

And finally, just a reminder to head over to this post (here) and leave me a comment to be entered into my celebratory draw. I'll pull a name at the end of the month! Good luck!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 am

    Those peeks look great! I love the idea of mail art - keep thinking about joining in but haven't yet ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous Lisa! I am so sorry I wasn't able to take part this time round. Maybe another time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good. All of your creations are beautiful, so they will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh now this looks interesting :) I have to say as much as I'd love to take part, I feel id be way out of my comfort zone lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I wonder if the postmen (and women) enjoy seeing mail art...something pretty among all those plain envelopes and packages. I just sent my mail art yesterday and wish I would have taken a few sneak peek photos like yours. I did remember to take a few pics to share once the envelope has made it safely to its destination.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sneak peeks look fab,can't wait to see the ful reveal. It was good catching up with you today. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:45 am

    I received your mail art! I love it. I emailed you and posted it on my blog. :) Thank you so much. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks gorgeous. And I spy a map...

    ReplyDelete
  9. your mail was absolutely gorgeous Lisa! Thank you for taking part in the Mail Art Exchange :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...