Sunday 20 March 2011

Etsy challenge - Counterfeit Kit Club

I've been really enjoying my March Counterfeit kit, although sometimes I think I played it really a bit too safe, filling it with colours and textures that are so me. I love the challenge of trying to use stuff that is not so very comfortable! So, it's great that over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge site, prompts are offered a couple of times a month to get the creative inspiration juices flowing.

Last Sunday, the challenge was to go to Etsy and just find inspiration from browsing through some pages. It reminded me a lot of the prompts from LOAD last month, so I combined this prompt with the eBay one from LOAD and entered my name into the search field on Etsy and then looked through the results.

I was so impressed at the gorgeous items for sale and was almost spoilt for choice for ideas to use on my layout.

This beautiful iPad cover caught my eye quite quickly as the Amy Butler fabric is gorgeous and the lines of the cover are just great. I really liked the flap with the button and decided that I would take this element onto my layout. Looking at it now, I can see another layout featuring the vertical lines (maybe stitching) with the circular elements on top. Maybe I will get around to another one with this idea...

Photo from Etsy - lisaroyhandbags

I decided to make two tags with tabs around a central button and have that as the main embellishment feature of my layout.


As usual at the moment, I just grabbed some photos and made it work together with the papers. It's interesting that most of the time I actually start designing the page without any idea of which photos I'm going to use or the story I want to tell. I sort out the papers and start placing them down before I go looking for the photos. I really think this is something positive to have come out of LOAD. I've stopped double guessing myself and just go with the flow.

I think I can also think that this is all part of my OLW - Release.

And that all reminds me of an old Paperclipping Round Table podcast I was listening to the other day (from way back at the beginning of the show) where they were talking about process. Maybe that is a post for another day, because I think my process changes from one day to the next! What about you?

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty LO! Love the inspiration!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog! My hand stitching on my LO was done with the Sew Easy tool. Love that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful inspiration and love what you did with it.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:35 pm

    i love this LO, the photos are fab and of course i adore the subject! i love the ipad cover. i used inspiration from something very similiar, drawing vertical lines and adding buttons along the lines. gorgeous and very good interpretation! (fro you of course, i'm now not talking about my LO lol!) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love your inspiration photo, the colors are so soothing. I like your take on using the circles to lift, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This LO is cool..very very cool! Love the photos and how you took inspiration from the iPad cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great inspiration idea - combining a "kit" with a non-scrappy item

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your layout-great take on your inspiration piece! I am inspired by it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got lots of inspiration from looking at all the etsy sites too. I love you take on this.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time. <3 <3 <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...